7/15/2009

Fw: Hate Crimes Bill S.909



WeeklyBread
 
 Read This Book
 
Cocoon Ministries
 
Cocoon Ministries Blog
 
Miditations
 
 


--- On Wed, 7/15/09, Will Duke <will@willduke.com> wrote:

From: Will Duke <will@willduke.com>
Subject: Hate Crimes Bill S.909
To:
Received: Wednesday, July 15, 2009, 11:49 AM

Dear Family and Friends:

 

An important piece of legislation is coming before the senate this week.  It is the Matthew Shepherd Hate Crimes bill (S.909) which may be submitted as an amendment to the Defense Authorization Bill.

 

I believe this is a very dangerous and destruction bill that could jeopardize the existence of all conservative Christian churches and organizations in this country.  I have written both of our senators and encourage you to write or call yours as well.  Here is what I wrote to them:

 

Dear Senator XXXX:

 

Please do not support S 909, the Shepherd Hate Crimes Amendment.  I believe that it will be seriously destructive to Christian churches and organizations and will hinder my free expression of religion.

 

I support efforts to ensure fair treatment of all persons regardless of sexual orientation, but this is not the way to secure that.  It has too many damaging side effects.  A special concern is its extremely broad definition (or lack of definition) of "sexual orientation." 

 

If you do support this legislation, you will be unequivocally declaring your opposition to conservative Christianity.

 

Sincerely,

Will Duke

 

Love,

Dub/Will



Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!

No comments: