9/09/2009

Today's Scripture

Torah Reading for Nitzavim-Vayelech
Deuteronomy 29:9-31:30
Chapter 30
15. Behold, I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil,
16. inasmuch as I command you this day to love the Lord, your God, to walk in His ways, and to observe His commandments, His statutes, and His ordinances, so that you will live and increase, and the Lord, your God, will bless you in the land to which you are coming to take possession of it.
17. But if your heart deviates and you do not listen, and you will be drawn astray, and you will prostrate yourself to other deities and serve them,
18. I declare to you this day, that you will surely perish, and that you will not live long days on the land, to which you are crossing the Jordan, to come and take possession thereof.
19. This day, I call upon the heaven and the earth as witnesses [that I have warned] you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. You shall choose life, so that you and your offspring will live;
20. To love the Lord your God, to listen to His voice, and to cleave to Him. For that is your life and the length of your days, to dwell on the land which the Lord swore to your forefathers to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob to give to them.
Chapter 31
1. And Moses went, and he spoke the following words to all Israel.
2. He said to them, "Today I am one hundred and twenty years old. I can no longer go or come, and the Lord said to me, "You shall not cross this Jordan.  
3. The Lord, your God He will cross before you; He will destroy these nations from before you so that you will possess them. Joshua he will cross before you, as the Lord has spoken.
4. And the Lord will do to them, as He did to the Amorite kings, Sihon and Og, and to their land, [all of] which He destroyed.
5. And [when] the Lord delivers them before you, you shall do to them according to all the commandment that I have commanded you.
6. Be strong and courageous! Neither fear, nor be dismayed of them, for the Lord, your God He is the One Who goes with you. He will neither fail you, nor forsake you."

WeeklyBread
 
 Read This Book
 
Cocoon Ministries
 
Cocoon Ministries Blog
 
Miditations
 
 Photos


Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

No comments: