I wish I could describe change.
When I was born-again I could not describe what had happened.
After I surrendered and called 911 on the night of my heart attack I knew that I did not know what would happen next. Same feeling.
It was more like a revelation, than a change.
It all made sense.
The culprit, salt, was heavy in my diet. Salt is an extra, not a necessity. Salt is in meat and plants we eat because they come from the earth. Same is true of sugar, except for natural occuring sugar.
Fat? Scripture is blatant. All fat is of God (Leviticus) and should not be eaten.
But for once this revelation hit my mind, not just my heart. I could not possibly "will" to change. I knew better. But I tried and still I did not change.
How does God affect our volition. Jesus explains that it is like the wind. You cannot know when it comes, where it comes from or what it will affect. But the evidence is clear. Why do leaves rustle and sand blow accros the terraine?
So, I conclude: ask, knock and seek for change. People cannot change. But they can be changed.
He change me. He changed you. Don't ask me how.
My will and His will are now pointed in the same direction. My task is mere obedience,which is joy I might add.
"Can two walk together except they be agreed" asks the prophet.
Danny
http://lectioperpetua.blogspot.com/
http://360.yahoo.com/dsgonzalez312
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Stinkadena/

No comments:
Post a Comment