A week ago today I went home from the hospital.
The doctor said to "go back to what you were doing before."
But I will not be doing what I did before. He advised me on diet and exercise; my life will not be the same again.
"Before" I had not had a heart attack.
"Before" I had never been in a hospital (I was born at home).
"Before" I had no personal knowledge of the value of proper diet and exercise. Personal thanks to my personal health-guru (J. O.) because I know that his advice comes from experience as well as concern -- you see, he survived cancer. He is a miracle to the glory of God.
"Before" I had not weighed so heavily on the word of another person - Dr. Patel.
"Before" I had never entered an ambulance numb in my mind as to what would happen next.
When morphine could not dull the pain, and they struggled to tell me what was wrong I knew I relied on no one for relief until the right "word" came along.
When they raised me up in the ER and stuck a plate behind me and the
x-ray machine came onto my chest I knew that no one could relate to me what was going on. Then I knew I was lost. No one knew "where" I was. But I knew that God did, but at this point no one had given a word to me -- so I waited. Not knowing. Feeling lost. Not even comfort could comfort me.
When the cardiologist said "you had a heart attack" I knew what was wrong. It was a small comfort. Very small.
Leslie was the first person I told. She knew I was cracking up. She comforted me. But I was still not comforted.
I waited all weekend for the procedure.
I left the room about nine in the morning.
When I was being prepared I felt vulnerable again. I felt like a specimen but I knew this was part of the plan. They told me I could not move until it was over. I was in there three hours, atleast.
A week later the doctor says "go back."
I feel fine. I am following the Instructions. I am recovering. But I am not back.
All I could think of was "I need a break." And God said, "it was good."
May God give you a break.
Sincere Good Wishes to you.
In Jesus, the Lord,
Danny
P.S. Do you remember ever relying so much on the word of another? Did your life stop like mine did?
MY BIBLE STUDY BLOG http://lectioperpetua.blogspot.com/
MY WEB SITE http://cocoonministries.us

No comments:
Post a Comment