8/12/2005

Day 12 Shabbat Shalom!

Genesis 12. Abram moves to Canaan but because of the famine there ends up in Egypt. Genesis 39. Joseph is favored by Potiphar and is rescued from prison but the wife of Potiphar is obsessed with Joseph and frames him for refusing her advances. In prison Joseph finds favor with the jailer. Exodus 12. The L-RD slays every first-born of Egypt. Israel slays a lamb, the institute of the first Passover. Exodus 39. The Priest costume is finished and the whole Tabernacle is presented to Moses. Leviticus 12. Purification after birthing. Numbers 12. Miriam and Aaron challenge Moses. Deuteronomy 12. Destroy all idol worship and do not copy their habits of worship.

Isaiah 12. In That Day Israel will praise to the L-RD. Isaiah 39. Babylon sends an envoy to Hezekiah having heard about his illness. Isaiah 66. Israel is born-again in one day and at that time All Flesh will come to G-D. Jeremiah 12. G-D tolerated Israel's rebellion but they would be punished and Restored in the End. Jeremiah 39. Zedekiah flees when Babylon sieges and destroys Jerusalem but he is captured and executed. Ezekiel 12. As an object lesson pretend to go into exile for all to see; and eat your food with anxiety. Stir them from their comfort because they think that judgment is too far off to be worried about it. Ezekiel 39. Gog comes to destroy Israel once and for all and winds up being buried there. N'' Ezekiel 2. G-D gives words to Ezekiel to preach to rebellious Israel. They will not listen but tell them anyway, He says.

Psalms 12. The wicked uses his lips (words) as weapons. Psalms 39. When the wicked is near I muzzle my mouth -- except to pray. Psalms 66. Shout, sing, praise G-D for all He has done -- it makes the enemy cower to hear it. Psalms 93. The oceans are singing to G-D. Psalms 120. I keep speaking peace but the enemy wants war. Psalms 147. Speak words of Praise to G-D. G-D's words to the earth bring judgment. Proverbs 12. Foolishness produces nothing in the end; righteousness does. Job 12. Job understands that G-D is involved and knows what is going on. Even the animal world is aware of G-D's involvement. Job 39. G-D gives knowledge and understanding to every creature. Ecclesiastes 12. Enjoy life with your youthful vigor. Wisdom must be appropriately used. Other than that love the L-RD and keep His word.

Matthew 12. Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. Teachings on the Holy Spirit. Signs. Do the will of the Father, that's what makes you related to Jesus. Mark 12. The parable of the husbandmen. They try to trap Jesus in His teachings. Jesus teaches about false teachers. Luke 12. Beware the leaven of the Pharisees (false teaching). The Sermon on the Mount. The End times. John 12. At the house of Mary and Martha. Speaks of His suffering. Teaching on Believers. Acts 12. Herod persecutes the "Christians" to curry favor with the unbelieving Jews; executes John and jails Peter. Romans 12. Work together in this united body of all Believers created by Christ. Hebrews 12. Therefore, in Jesus the author who has completed this new unified body in which the witnesses had faith, serve G-D. Revelation 12. The sign of the Woman clothed by the sun and the Red Dragon who wants to destroy her and her Son. Ephesians 4. Walk in this new Unity (the mystery) and don't be like unbelievers who live in divisiveness.


Yet to such a one I look:
To the poor and brokenhearted,
Who is concerned about My word.
ISAIAH 66.2
Musings from today's hospital visitations.


JM was sleeping when I went by to see her. I had forgotten her from the day before. As I prayed I sensed there was spiritual struggle going on. Her husband seemd oblivious, almost a calm oblivion, peculiar to watch his demeanor as she lay there writhing in pain. Today she looked peaceful.

EC was sleeping as I went by today. He struggled to communicate as I prayed and reasured him just the day before. I had never noticed before a nurse become emotional. As I left him she seemed pained. People in his condition never seem to recover.

JP was asleep.

Prayed with CP.

FY went home.

Prayed with AP.

BC gave me this "who the hell are you look" and barked "who are you?" She was in the wheelcair on the way home. The blackened bruised skin dated her advanced age. Atleast she was going home.

Prayed with RB.

CD was asleep today. Her daughter was not there.

GS. This was a lesson from G-D. She appeared strong as she sat there munching her pretzels. Uncommunicative, giving short answers. Prayed with her. She got teary eyed. People demonstrate strength to mask sorrow, despondency and weakness. My strength is made perfect in weakness, says the L-RD.

MD is a soul in struggle. A year's worth of tragedy. She was sleeping. Her sweet patient husband shook my hand, getting up from his chair. I'll come back, I told him.

JC. I'm sure he has blessed many lives in his day. Every time I see him he seems more frail but he has a patient spirit that is clearly undaunted. His weary wife, faithful by his side. Memories of her children and their successes, it brings her joy to retell it over and over.

JO was restfully sleeping. Went to sleep with his glasses on. He so much enjoyed the prayer and fellowship yesterday.

RG was in treatment. Being surrounded by so much loving family. All praying for his recovery.

WM. People surprise you. He blessed me, literally. Brought a lump to my throat. "I drop my sword and cry for just awhile cause deep inside this armor the warrior is a child," sang Twyla Paris.



No comments: