8/26/2005


Day 26
Genesis 26... Famine drives Isaac to Abimelech, Philistine king of Gerar.
Exodus 26... Curtains and planks for the Sanctuary.
Leviticus 26... Keep the sabbaths and venerate His Sanctuary only.
Numbers 26... The second census: 600,000 man army.
Deuteronomy 26... Affirming the possession of the Land.


Isaiah 26... A song of victory.
Isaiah 53... The Messiah will suffer on our behalf.
Jeremiah 26... Jeremiah prophecies the destruction of the Temple and they want to crucify him for it.
Ezekiel 26... Tyre gloats over the destruction of Jerusalem so G-D sends Babylon to destroy them.
(Ezekiel 16) ... Jerusalem abandoned to die, adopted and wed to G-D, but rebels; and remembered.


Psalms 26... I can direct my life knowing that G-D will be faithful.
Psalms 53... Evildoers do not believe there is a G-D to hold them to account for their deeds.
Psalms 80... We appeal to the Name of our Savior, Messiah.
Psalms 107... The upright remember the faithfulness of the L-RD and His works.
Psalms 134... Servants in the House of the L-RD bless the L-RD.
Proverbs 26... The fool cannot change himself.
Job 26... Bildad's logic renders them incapable of offering counsel.


Matthew 26... Jesus celebrates Passover, is betrayed, tried and denied.
Acts 26... Paul defends himself and gives his testimony before Agippa.
1 Thessalonians 3... Practice holiness; comfort yourself in the knowledge of the resurrection.

Angel
He seemed as confused as I was.
It was supposed to be a female patient. But he seemed friendly and welcoming so I took advantage of the opportunity to offer comfort and a prayer.
Like most patients, he wanted to talk. And that is what I do, listen. But how was I to know what he was about to tell me.
Seems like a lot of heart patients this day. I hesitated to hold him up. He had to make little effort, but he wanted to talk so I let him. It is part of comfort to allow the heart to talk its peace and joy.
"My roommate in the rest home had altzheimers," he offered. And the noise he made cause him and his family consternation.
So naturally he was startled when he woke up about three o'clock one morning to hear the other fellow singing. The beautiful voice and the melody enthralled him.
He related his feelings to me in terms of what he felt while serving in the armed forces in the North Pacific theatre. He saw many things. He remembers men falling around him. But this feeling this night shook him to the core. There was no experience in his life that he could relate it to.
Shortly after the singing incident his friend passed away.
He related the event to the family of the deceased. The daughter and son wept.
You see, the old man who died had never sung before in his life. So they all realized the same conclusion immediately.
What George had heard was the angel welcoming the elderly patient home.
It was a sweet and beautiful voice, he recalled. Had never heard annything like it, before or since.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lectioperpetua.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading lectioperpetua.blogspot.com every day.

Anonymous said...

lectioperpetua.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading lectioperpetua.blogspot.com every day.
payday loans ontario
cash advance