
Day 20 -- Shabbat Shalom
- Genesis 20, Abraham was presumtious about Abimelech's relationshipt to G-D. 47. People sell themselves into slavery to Pharoah.
- Exodus 20. The Ten Commandments, teaching the Fear of the L-RD. The altar of earth; the altar of stone.
- Leviticus 20. What makes you holy (3).
- Numbers 20. The sin at Zin and the death of Aaron.
- Deuteronomy 20. The Rules of War.
- Today's Sedrah: VA-ETCHANAN, Deuteronomy 3.23-7.11: Moses asks that he be allowed to visit the Land.
- Isaiah 20. The message of Isaiah naked and barefoot.
- Isaiah 47. Babylon will be made naked (3).
- Jeremiah 20. Flogged for his prophesies by the High Priest, he is discouraged but the word of G-D burns inside and keeps him going.
- Jeremiah 47. The prophecy against the Philistines.
- Ezekiel 20. The Elders inquire but rebuked, lectured on repentance.
- Ezekiel 47. Water flowing from under Temple - new Israel with strangers in it.
- (Ezekiel 10). The cherubs he recognized from the river; the man in linen.
- Psalms 20. Messiah is coming with a mighty victory.
- Psalms 47. The L-RD is Coming to the acclamation of the whole earth.
- Psalms 74. The Foe believes he knows truth, but doesn't know the Covenant of truth.
- Psalms 101. I want to reconcile faithfulness and justice.
- Psalms 128. Follow the L-RD and you will be blessed.
- Proverbs 20. Distractions and concerns that draw you from wisdom.
- Job 20. Zophar evidences Job's loss of joy and happiness mark his unrighteousness.
- Matthew 20. The Kingdom is all about servitude.
- Luke 20. Question of Jesus' authority, His appeal to David, points out hypocrisy.
- John 20. Jesus' resurrection, appears and gives disciples Holy Spirit.
- Acts 20. Paul journeys to Greece and returns hoping to make Jerusalem by Pentecost.
- Revelation 20. The Millenium, Satan bound and the dead of the Tribulation resurrected. Satan loosed, wars and cast into lake of fire; the final resurrection.
- Colossians 2. Paul warns about false teaching of Judaizers.
Maid
This morning I am reminded of the woman who hired a maid.
Each day before the maid appeared she would clean the house from top to bottom lest the maid think the woman neede help.
I just spent an hour raking the front lawn and sweeping the driveway before the new yard boy gets here.
Then I remembered my life. Long before i knew G-D I refused to ask Him to save me because I felt I needed to be clean in order of being worthy to be accepted by Him. It sounds absurd now.
"Just as I am without one plea
but that Thy blood was shed for me
And that Thou bids me come to Thee
O Lamb of G-d,
I come."
May the L-RD of All Bless your day on this His Sabbath.
Shabbat Shalom ha'Verim,
Danny

No comments:
Post a Comment