4/21/2008

Scripture 4-22

Today marks the Resurrection Day of the Lord.

MEDITATION: WHAT HALLMMARKS OF HOLINESS ARE POINTED OUT IN THIS PASSAGE?

Torah Reading for Kedoshim
Leviticus 19:1-20:27 1st portion | 2nd portion | 3rd portion | 4th portion | 5th portion | 6th portion | 7th portion |.
3rd Portion
Chapter 19
23. When you come to the Land and you plant any food tree, you shall surely block its fruit [from use]; it shall be blocked from you [from use] for three years, not to be eaten. 24. And in the fourth year, all its fruit shall be holy, a praise to the Lord. 25. And in the fifth year, you may eat its fruit; [do this, in order] to increase its produce for you. I am the Lord, your God. 26. You shall not eat over the blood. You shall not act on the basis of omens or lucky hours. 27. You shall not round off the corner of your head, and you shall not destroy the edge of your beard. 28. You shall not make cuts in your flesh for a person [who died]. You shall not etch a tattoo on yourselves. I am the Lord. 29. You shall not defile your daughter by making her a harlot, lest the Land fall into harlotry and the land be filled with immorality. 30. You shall observe My Sabbaths and revere My Sanctuary. I am the Lord. 31. You shall not turn to [the sorcery of] Ov or Yid'oni; you shall not seek [these and thereby] defile yourselves through them. I am the Lord, your God. 32. You shall rise before a venerable person and you shall respect the elderly, and you shall fear your God. I am the Lord.


<><
><>
Glorify your Father Who is in Heaven (Matthew 5:16)
http://ca.groups.yahoo.com/group/cocoonministries/
_____________________________________________________________
Don't throw your computer away! Click now for expert computer repair!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijlXJhmMXu6WZIGsTAYb8aVjCN5o2O4YQC7cUTBchToHVi0iH/

No comments: